Welcome to the office of Public Affairs
Welcome to the website of the Office of Public Affairs at Southern Connecticut State University.
Our office provides multiple services for the campus community and beyond. They include:
- Developing and disseminating news stories about the university.
- Serving as the primary contact for media interested in interviewing a member of the Southern community or developing a story about the university.
- Producing a range of publications, from viewbooks, academic brochures and catalogs to special event programs and invitations.
- Writing and designing Southern Alumni Magazine and an alumni newsletter, Owl Sightings.
- Running special events, including undergraduate commencement, the annual Public Affairs forums, and the Mary and Louis Fusco Distinguished Lecture Series.
- Photographing the campus, its community members, and its activities.
- Maintaining and developing the university website -- SouthernCT.edu
- Developing the university's advertising and marketing initiatives, from concept to completion.
- Serving as a liaison with the off-campus community, helping to develop, market, and publicize joint events.
- Developing and maintaining graphics standards for the university community -- including logo use, letterhead style, etc.
You'll find further information about all these services by following the specific links at the left on this page. Or, if you have a question or need assistance, please call the public affairs office at (203) 392-6586. Our fax number is (203) 392-6124.
We look forward to working with you.
Director of Public Affairs