Main Content


Q: What is the best way to obtain older SAT scores?

A: Information on obtaining older SAT scores is available at CollegeBoard's Request Old Scores.

Q: How do I request transcripts from institutions I have attended?

A: Most transcript request forms are on the institution's Registrar's Office page.

Q: Where do I get Financial Aid information?

A: Financial Aid information can be found at How to Apply for Financial Aid.

Q: Where can I find the FAFSA?

A: You can find the FAFSA at

Q: Where do I get my Student ID Card?

A: ID cards may be obtained in the University Card Office located in the Wintergreen Building.

Q: Where do I get my parking permit?

A: Parking permits can be obtained from the University Police Department in Granoff Hall.

Q: How do I reset my password and get other I.T. assistance?

A: You may reset your password using MySCSU.  For other IT help, call the Help Desk at 203.392.5123

Q: What is the cost of tuition?

A: Visit Tuition and Fees for information.

Q: What are the health requirements?

A: Information on health services can be found at the Student Health and Wellness Center.

Q: How do I register for classes?

A: Visit How to Register for information on registering for classes.

Q: How do I take a leave of absence or maintain my matriculation while not registering for classes?

A: Learn about leaves of absence and continuous enrollment.

Q: What is the difference between a Master of Arts (MA) degree and a Master of Science (MS)?

A: Generally speaking, the Master of Arts (MA) degree concentrates on theoretical and historical aspects of the field, where the Master of Science (MS) degree concentrates on the direct application of the field. You should consult with the Graduate Coordinator of the discipline in which you are interested for more information on each program.

Q: How do I set up my campus email account on my smartphone?

A: For an iPhone: 1. Navigate to the Settings application. 2. Select Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. 3. Select Add Account. 4. Select Microsoft Exchange 5. Enter the information. a. Email: b. Domain: LEAVE BLANK c. Username: d. Password: owls password e. Description: Anything you choose. This is for you to know what account you are looking at. Commonly this is called Southernct. 6. Click next on the top right. 7. Your phone will verify your settings. 8. Once verified, the same screen will come back again, with an additional field for the server, enter: 9. Your Account will be created

For an Android: 1. Navigate to the Settings application. 2. Scroll to the Accounts Section. 3. Select Add Account. 4. Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync 5. Enter the information. a. Email: b. Password: owls password c. Tap next. d. Domain/username\ e. ExchangeServer 6. Click done. 7. Your phone will ask about Remote Security Settings . Click OK. 8. You will then see a screen where you can choose additional settings

Q: What phone numbers should I retain for future reference:

A: You may find the following helpful:

School of Graduate Studies – 203.392.5240
Bursar's Office – 203.392.6140
Registrar's Office – 203.392.5301
Health Services – 203.392.6300
Help Desk – 203.392.5123
Counseling Services - 203.392.5475
Disability Resources – 203.392.6828
University Police – 203.392.5375
University Bookstore – 203.392.5270