Study abroad for Southern Students
Where can a Southern student study abroad?
OPTION 1) Students can participate in one of Southern's reciprocal exchange programs:
1. Baden Wuerttemberg Program (Germany)
2. Queen Margaret University (Scotland)
3. Liverpool John Moores University (England)
4. EDHEC Business School (France)
5. Karlshochschule International Univ. (Germany)
6. Universitat Jaume I (Spain)
7. Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca (Spain)
8. Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (Spain)
9. University of Patras (Greece)
10. American University of Armenia (Armenia)
11. Armenian State Pedagogical University (Armenia)
12. Ben-Gurion University of the Negev (Israel) Southern's Melody R., Macquarie University, Australia
13. Universidad Catolica de Santiago de Guayaquil (Ecuador)
14. Ho Chi Minh City University of Pedagogy (Vietnam)
15. Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture (China)
16. Central China Normal University (China)
17. East China Normal University (China)
18. Harbin Institute of Technology (China)
19. Hunan Univ. of Chinese Medicine (China)
20. Tianjin University of Technology (China)
21. Beijing Normal University (China)
22. Macquarie University (Australia)
23. Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt (Germany)
24. Inter-American University of Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico)
25. Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico)
OPTION 2) Students can participate in an SCSU Faculty-Led, credit-bearing program
Spend your Summer, Winter or Spring Break abroad! Information about our current programs, including brochures and applications, can be found here. Programs typically last 2-4 weeks and award up to 6 credits. This is a very popular study abroad option!
OPTION 3) Students may participate in a program through an approved study abroad provider at an approved university abroad.
If none our options interest you, it's always possible to study abroad through an approved third-party study abroad program or organization. Students who wish to explore this option must make an appointment with an OIE coordinator to discuss the process of applying to or attending such a program.
Southern is proud to have joined the Institute of International Education's "Generation Study Abroad" campaign! By 2020, Southern pledges to at least double its study abroad participation. The University's pathway to achieving this goal will be manifold, including providing resources and support to aid in the integration of more study, research, and service-learning opportunities into the curriculum; providing access to information about study abroad during the first semester of our students' freshman year; and working with students to identify scholarships that could provide financial assistance toward their experience abroad.
To learn more about Generation Study Abroad, click here!