Center for Coastal and Marine Studies (CCMS)
Center for Research on Interface Structures and Phenomena (CRISP)
Overview of Recent Faculty Research Activity
- Improving learning outcomes in physics courses K-G
- Benthic intertidal and subtidal ecology
- High resolution imaging techniques for astronomy
- Consequences of anthropogenic heavy metals on sediments and living marine organisms
- Motivation among mathematics students; gender differences in mathematics
- Conceptual change teaching in the sciences
- Effectiveness of online learning management system in mathematics classes
- Computer modeling of visual image perception
- Application of combinatorics and graph theory to problems in computational geometry
- Interactive multimedia applied to visual learning
- Localization and function of G1 Cyclin - Cln2
- Spectroscopy of ultraviolet radiation effects on inorganic and biological materials.
- Preclinical assessment of plant phytochemicals for cancer therapeutic and preventive properties
- Development of new methodology for the functionalization
and elaboration of indoles.
Overview of Recent Student Projects
- Geometry Projects in an Honors Option Program, a School Rejects Homogeneous Ability Grouping
- Sediment Metal Contamination in the Thames River and New London Harbor
- Synthesis of Carboxylate Substituted Tetraarylolefin Derivatives as Ligands for MOF Synthesis.
- The Effects of Epibiota on the Attachment Strength of the Blue Mussel Mytilus edulis
- Using Assessment and Evaluation to Improve Instruction
- Self-Reported Methods of Mathematics Curriculum Selection in Home-Schooling Families
- The Synthesis and Solid State Characterization of Platinum Nanoparticles Encapsulated by Dithiolate Containing MNY Polymers
- The G:T Ratio of the Intertidal Chondrus crispus in Long Island Sound.