Skip to a section in this page:
Navigate to a main section,
the navigation within each section,
or the main content.
Guidelines for Student -- Prospectus Honors 494 Intro Letter
- Student prints the Honors 494 application form.
- Student meets with thesis sponsor on the first or second day of classes to discuss
completing the application.
- Student obtains appropriate signatures on the application.
- The form is due, before the end of the add/drop period, in the office of the appropriate
- Student is registered for HON 494 [Dept], Departmental Honors Prospectus after approval
from the appropriate dean's office.
- The prospectus is due (in late October for the fall semester or late March for the
spring semester) to the Chairperson of the University Honors Committee, who selects
the first reader.
- Chair of UTHC forward the prospectus to the reader with approval form.
- The first reader has 10 days to make a decision to approve the prospectus, to ask
for revisions, or to reject the proposal.
- The student is responsible for obtaining the approval form from Dr. Bulmer should
revisions be necessary and submitting the approval form to the University Honors Thesis