Download the Honors 494 Information Packet.
Steps for applying to & Completing Honors 494 (Honors Prospectus):
- Student meets with thesis advisor during the semester prior to enrollment in HON 494 to discuss completing the application for the prospectus.
- Student fills out the online Honors 494 application form and obtains necessary signatures.
- Student submits application to the Honors College Office, EN B225
- The HON 494 application should be submitted prior to the student's registration date for the semester in which the student wishes to enroll in HON 494. The latest possible date for submitting the HON 494 application is the end of the add/drop period.
- Student is registered for HON 494 [Dept], Departmental Honors Prospectus after approval from the UHTC Chairperson.
- The student selects the members of their Thesis Committee (University Reader & Second Reader), in consultation with their Thesis Advisor.
- With the approval of Thesis Advisor, student sends copy of prospectus to the University Reader by early October (for the fall semester) or early March (for the spring semester).
- The University Reader has 10 days to notify the student and make a decision to approve the prospectus or ask for revisions. The Thesis Advisor will take the lead in notifying the student and copying the UHTC Chairperson regarding the Committee decision.
- The student is responsible for completing any requested revisions and submitting a revised thesis prospectus to the Thesis Advisor and University Reader for approval in a timely manner.
- The approved prospectus (and signature page) is due (in late October for the fall semester or late March for the spring semester) to the UHTC Chairperson.
- The student must obtain approval prior to registering for Thesis II (HON 495).