Download the Honors 494 Information Packet.
Steps for applying to Honors 494 (Thesis I):
- Student prints the Honors 494 application form.
- Student meets with thesis sponsor during the semester prior to enrollment in Thesis I (HON 494) to discuss completing the application.
- Student obtains appropriate signatures on the application.
- The HON 494 application should be submitted prior to the student's registration date for the semester in which the student wishes to enroll in HON 494. The latest possible date for submitting the HON 494 application is the end of the add/drop period.
- Student is registered for HON 494 [Dept], Departmental Honors Prospectus after approval from the appropriate dean's office.
- The prospectus is due (in late October for the fall semester or late March for the spring semester) to the Chairperson of the University Honors Thesis Committee.
- The student selects the members of their Thesis Committee (University Reader, Second Reader), in consultation with their Thesis Advisor. The chairperson of the University Honors Thesis Committee will send a copy of the prospectus to the University Reader for their approval.
- The first reader has 10 days to make a decision to approve the prospectus or ask for revisions. The student will be notified of the decision via email from the chairperson of the University Honors Thesis Committee.
- The student is responsible for completing any requested revisions and submitting a revised thesis prospectus to the chairperson of the University Honors Thesis Committee for approval. The student must obtain approval prior to registering for Thesis II (HON 495).