IDS Degree Requirements
Students may declare their IDS major at any time. It is recommended that you declare the IDS major prior to earning 60 credits (75 credits for transfer students). The later you declare, the more likely that you will graduate with more than 120 credits.
The Interdisciplinary Studies program offers both a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) and a Bachelor of Science (B.S.).
• B.A. requires two concentrations
• B.S. requires three concentrations
Requirements for both programs
• Fulfill the Liberal Education Program requirements
• Complete 36 credits of coursework at the 300/400 level
• Complete 18 – 24 credits in each concentration
• Maintain a minimum overall GPA of 2.0
• Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 in each concentration
Requirements for Respective Programs
Students should work closely with their Interdisciplinary Studies advisor and may be required to consult with advisors in their individual academic areas.
Interdisciplinary Studies Office
Engleman Hall B 116
Phone: (203) 392-81103