- Departmental policy on over-enrollment.
- Departmental policy on independent study.
- The description of the cognate requirement.
- Pathways to math courses that satisfy the LEP/QR requirement.
Grade Requirements for Graduation (Undergraduate Program)
In order for a student to graduate with a major in mathematics, he/she must achieve at least a grade of C- in every core mathematics course, and in those mathematics courses which a student applies toward a major in mathematics, he/she must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 and, at most, one grade below C-.
Undergraduate Mathematics Courses
- Entry into 100 level mathematics courses is based on the results of the mathematics placement process used by Southern. Additional information about the placement process is available at www.southernct.edu/placement
- Students may not receive credits toward graduation for both MAT 139 and 150 or both MAT 178 and 250, or both MAT 221 and MAT 320.
- Students may not receive more than 3 credits toward graduation from among MAT 100, 101, and 102.
- Students taking both MAT 120 and MAT 122 can receive at most 4 credits toward graduation.
Eligibility for honors thesis
A student with 3.0 QPR at the end of three years of collegiate study, and of 3.2 in a major concentration may write an Honors Thesis in order to graduate from SCSU with Departmental Honors.