Which Requirements Do I Follow?
In 2012, the Psychology department revised the requirements for all three psychology programs. This page will help you determine which requirements you should follow. Scroll down for information about which university requirements to follow, and on modifying your degree evaluation in Banner.
HOW TO DETERMINE WHICH PSYCHOLOGY REQUIREMENTS TO FOLLOW:
- If you started at SCSU in the 2011-2012 academic year (Fall 2011 or Spring 2012) or earlier, you will follow the "Old" (pre-2012) Psychology requirements.
- If you started in Fall 2012 or later, the decision about which requirements apply is based on your number of transfer credits and your first semester at SCSU.
To figure it out, first determine:
1) What was your first semester at SCSU?
2) How many credits did you transfer to SCSU when you first enrolled?
You will follow the New (2012 - ) Psychology requirements if any one of the following applies to you:
- Started in Fall 2012 with 0 to 8 transfer credits
- Started in Spring 2013 with 0 to 24 transfer credits
- Started in Spring 2014 or later (number of transfer credits do not matter)
You will follow the Old (pre-2012) Psychology requirements if any one of the following applies to you:
- Started in Spring 2012 or earlier (number of transfer credits do not matter)
- Started in Fall 2012 with 9 or more transfer credits
- Started in Spring 2013 with 25 or more transfer credits
- Started in Fall 2013 with 61 or more transfer credits
UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS (AUR VS. LEP)
In 2011, SCSU introduced new University-wide General Education requirements. The pre-2011 requirements are called the All-University Requirements (AUR); the new requirements are called the Liberal Education Program (LEP).
- If you started at SCSU in the 2010-2011 year or earlier: follow the AUR requirements.
- If you started as a freshman in 2011 or later: follow the LEP requirements
- If you transferred to SCSU in 2011 or later: the decision about AUR or LEP should have been made during transfer orientation. The "catalog" field in your degree evaluation should indicate which program you're following: Spring 2011 (or earlier) for AUR; Fall 2011 (or later) for LEP.
Depending on whether you follow the New or Old Psychology requirements and whether you are in AUR or LEP, your degree evaluation may show you the wrong requirements. Thus, you may need to do a What-if Analysis, and change the Catalog Term.
- If you are in: Old Psychology and AUR: use Fall 2010 (or Spring 2011)
- If you are in: Old Psychology and LEP: use Fall 2011
- If you are in: New Psychology and LEP: use Fall 2012