Admission to the M.A. in Romance Languages Program
The MA in Romance Languages has rolling admissions. Applications to matriculate in either the fall or spring semesters are accepted year round. Please direct any questions regarding applications or admission requirements to email@example.com.
In accordance with the admission policy of the School of Graduate Studies, the following are the minimum requirements for admission to the M.A. in Romance Languages:
- An undergraduate degree from an institution accredited by a recognized regional accrediting
agency in the United States. Degrees from outside the U.S. must be evaluated by an
accredited evaluating agency;
- Undergraduate degree from an Anglophone university or TOEFL with the minimum score
- Proficiency in the target language at Advanced Low level demonstrated by ACTFL Oral
Proficiency Interview (OPI) and Written Production Test (WPT);
- Writing sample in the target language or English;
- A letter of intent in English to explain the candidate's background, reasons for enrolling
in the program, and outline areas of interest,
- Two letters of recommendation.
The program consists of 37 credits, 13 of which are core courses that are taught in English to all language concentrations, 18 credits are electives in language-specific concentration, and 6 credits are designated for Capstone experiences, including Comprehensive Examination, Thesis option, or a Special Project option.
Click here for a full explanation of requirements and course descriptions (opens as a PDF file).