CURRENT STUDENT TEACHERS, COOPERATING TEACHERS, & sUPERVISOR rESOURCES
STUDENT TEACHING APPLICATION
Student teaching is the capstone experience for teacher education candidates. Successful completion of student teaching is required for any candidate seeking an endorcement for certification. Candidates with submitted materials approved for placement by the following dates will receive first preference for placement requests. Candiates materials submitted after the first preference deadlines are not guarenteed a placement for the requested semester
SPRING 2014 October 6, 2013 MIDNIGHT first preference for
November 1, 2013 MIDNIGHT last day to submit materials
STUDENT TEACHING CANDIDATE INFORMATION
CANDIDATES FOR STUDENT TEACHING MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING SUBMITTED/COMPLETED BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR PLACEMENT CONSIDERATION:
- Submited student teaching application in Tk20
- Approved cover letter, resume, & philosophy statement
- Approved writting sample (required for English candidates)
- Praxis I scores listed in Banner
- Praxis II scores (passing scores required for History candidates)
- ACTFEL scores (passing scores required for World Language candidates)
- Background check receipt submitted (must have been processed within 3 years of the last day of the student teaching semseter)
- Completion of all required courses prior to student teaching (candidates are NOT permited to take additional courses during the student teaching semester)
Student teaching placements are not guarenteed. Placement is dependent upon an avaialble placement in a Connecticut School District. Candidates may be required to travel considerable distances for placement in some subject areas or regions of the state.
CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND ONE OF THE STUDENT TEACHING INFORMATION MEETINGS PRIOR TO SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION.
- Student Teacher Candidate Information Meetings - Fall 2013
- Application Instructions
- Candidate Timeline & Important Dates
- Candidate Checklist
- Placement Zone Map
- Sample Cover Letters & Resumes
STUDENT TEACHING PLACEMENT
Candidates for whom the School of Education is able to make a successful placement are encouraged to take advantage of the available resources offered to them for a successful student teaching semester.
STUDENT TEACHING CANDIDATE ORIENTATION
Candidate information meetings & orientations are offered at the begining of each semseter. All student teaching candidates are encouraged to attend. Information meetings will occur on the following dates:
SPRING 2014 January 10 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
STUDENT TEACHING HANDBOOK
The student teaching handbook provides a guide for the student teaching semseter to candiates, cooperating teachers, and university supervisors.