Sixth Year Professional Diploma Program
The Sixth Year Professional Diploma Program with Certification (092) is designed to equip educators with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to be administrators in Connecticut's public schools. One benefit of achieving a Sixth Year Professional Diploma in Educational Leadership is that it usually results in an increase in one's pay grade.
The program consists of 30 credits (10 courses) with a few additional requirements and generally takes 24- - 30 months to complete. It's recommended that elective courses be taken during the summer sessions, core courses taken during the fall and spring semesters. We also offer three "cohort" programs in Hamden, Meriden, and Waterford.
The Sixth Year Professional Diploma Program consists of 30 credits (10 courses) and other requirements as follows:
- EDL 680-Leadership Perspectives
- EDL 681-Leadership Development
- EDL 684-Learning Theory
- EDL 685-Curriculum Development
- EDL 683-Supervision and Staff Development (With EDL 687)
- EDL 682-Organizational Development (With EDL 688)
- EDL 602-Educational Law
- EDL 657-Educational Finance
- EDL 687-Field-based Internship I
- EDL 688-Field-based Internship II
- EDL 689-Seminar in Educational Leadership
- CAT (092) (through October 2018) OR ELAS (starting in September 2018)
- There is a Special Education Course requirement. Check here for approved courses.
APPLY TO THE Sixth year Professional Diploma PROGRAM
CLICK HERE to view the application requirements for the Sixth Year Program.
CLICK HERE to apply for the Sixth Year-Program online.