Student Retention Policy
A student will maintain his/her status in the Athletic Training Education Program, provided that certain conditions are met. The student must:
- Maintain a minimum QPR of 2.7 overall each semester.
- Maintain a C- or better in all athletic training courses.
- Achieve 70% or better on all written, and oral practical retention exams.
- Complete all clinical education responsibilities as assigned.
- Adhere to the minimum standards for the clinical field experience.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations as described in the Athletic Training Student Handbook.
Failure to meet the above criteria will result in disciplinary action as outlined in the Athletic Training Student Handbook and in the Southern Connecticut State University Student Handbook.