The Department of Nursing is committed to our students and faculty in providing the most current and credible information to assist our community in addressing the Ebola crisis. Nursing professionals play a critical role in the treatment and prevention of infectious disease.
To this end, the Department has incorporated the most recent updated content from national organizations within the nursing curriculum. Key resources from organizations such as the National League for Nursing, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing have been made available to faculty and students. Students at all levels are learning about the Ebola virus, within didactic courses, clinical experiences, and within the laboratory setting.
The intent of this website is to provide current information as it becomes available. All are encouraged to review the resources listed below.
- Applying HIPAA Privacy Rule in Emergencies such as Ebola
- Fact Sheet: Emergency Funding Request to Enhance the US Government's Response to Ebola at Home and Abroad
- Interim U.S. Guidance for Monitoring and Movement of Persons with Potential Ebola Virus Exposure
- American Nurses Association Ebola Preparedness & Response
- Algorithm Guidance on the Emergency Department (ED) Evaluation and Management for Patients Who Present with Possible Ebola Virus Disease
- Engaging the Nursing Education Community in the Local Response to the Ebola Virus
- The difference between airborne and droplet spread of infectious disease
- Safe Management of Patients with Ebola Virus Disease in US Hospitals
- Ebola-Associated Waste Management
- American Hospital Association Ebola Preparedness Resource
- Guidance on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be used by healthcare workers during management of patients with Ebola
- National League for Nursing Recommendations and Ebola Resources for the Nursing Education Community
- Greater New York Hospital Association Ebola Training videos
- Dept of Public Health Ebola Information from the State of Connecticut
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing Ebola Resources for Nurse Educators