About SCSU - MPH
vision, mission and VAlues
To be a major leader in the professional preparation of competent, ethical and diverse public health practitioners committed to the ideal of healthy people in healthy communitities.
The Mission of Southern Connecticut State University Public Health Program is to promote its vision of "healthy people in healthy communities," a vision that implies social justice and health equity through:
1. instruction that contributes to a diverse, competent public health
workforce trained for entry and advanced positions in public health.
2. service that promotes qualified, collective action to promote and protect the health of the public.
3. research that advances the science and practice of public health.
The M.P.H. program is committed to the values of the University, Department of Public Health and the profession of public health.
- Student success
- Life-long learning
- Community involvement
- Health promotion and disease prevention
- Human rights and social justice
- Democratic process
- professional best-practice
- Informed consent of community
- Processional utility and expediency
- Cultural humility
- Professional competence