M.S. in Sport and Entertainment Management
The Sport and Entertainment Management Program at Southern prepares graduate students for a variety of leadership positions in the sport and entertainment industries. This fully online program is targeted towards individuals with bachelor's degrees who are seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills in the areas of sport management, athletic administration, or entertainment management.
The Master of Science in Sport and Entertainment Management prepares professional practitioners who:
- Acquire a mastery of skill development and an understanding of theoretical concepts in specific sport and entertainment management functions, such as communication, finance, law, ethics, facility and event management, marketing, and global issues that are related to these areas.
- Develop an understanding of the political and sociological influences in the decision-making practices of sport and entertainment governing bodies in diverse global settings.
- Become familiar with the technology and skills that are necessary for effective research and communication in today’s sport and entertainment industries.
- Demonstrate the acquisition of marketing and promotional strategies for successful sport and entertainment businesses.
- Utilize the understanding of ethical and moral standards in the business decision-making process and in personal judgments.
- Experience the responsibility of developing a major project, research endeavor, or business plan.
- Acquire the tools necessary for lifelong learning.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Kevin McGinniss
Graduate Program Coordinator
Phone: (203) 392-6388