CT Working Families Field Team -- Hartford, CT
Working Families is a non-profit organization Based in DC, NY, CT, MD, OR, PA and NJ. We are a community of like-minded activists and organizers working to helping the least advantaged in our society. Our mission is to understand the needs of working class communities and collaborate to elect representatives who will advocate for their interests.
We work to elect leaders across the country for everyone, not just the wealthy and well connected. Our overall objectives are to increase liberal representation in our government and secure the passage of a progressive agenda including: A minimum wage raise, an equal pay for women and a dream act for the children of migrants.
We offer; a generous benefits package; salaried positions, healthcare and paid time off.
We are seeking new team members to:
• Participate in group training’s and skill shares; collaborate with team members
to gain understanding of the issues affecting one of our candidate’s constituents.
• Discuss these issues and our candidates with community members.
• Identify and engage supporters.
• Understand the needs of a community and participate in our overall efforts to elect our candidate.
Good candidates will:
• Share the political ideals of Working Families and have a genuine commitment to
understanding the non-profit sector intimately.
• Have proficient oral communications skills.
• Collaborate well in a team environment.
• Show sensitivity to differing perspectives of community members, be able to develop warm relationships in the context of short interactions.
Visit our Working Families Recruitment Center, and attach your resume. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Working Families is equal opportunity employers with a commitment to economic and social justice. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.