How to Request a Tax Transcript
How to Request a 2013 Tax Return Transcript
- Go to http://www.irs.gov
- Click on Get Transcript of Your Tax Records under the Tools section
- Choose either Get Transcript Online or Get Transcript by Mail (We recommend getting the transcript online, because it takes 5 to 10 calendar days for transcripts to arrive by mail.)
- You need to sign in with your User ID. If you do not have a User ID, you must create an account.
- Complete the requested information: Social Security number, date of birth, street address, etc.
- Get Transcript: Select Higher Education/Student Aid
- Click on 2013 Return Transcript
- If you filed a 2013 federal tax return, it will appear on your screen. You need to print and submit it to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships with your student ID number written at the top of the document.
- If you did not file a 2013 federal tax return, you will be able to print an IRS letter that indicates you did not file. Submit it to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships with your student ID number written at the top of the document.
Visit a local IRS office and request a tax return transcript in person. Local IRS offices and contact information can be found at www.irs.gov by clicking on Help & Resources.