AccreditationSouthern Connecticut State University is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by Commission indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied though a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the Commission is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the Commission should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
3 Burlington Woods Drive, Suite 100, Burlington, MA 01803-4514
2016 NEASC Acceptance of SCSU 5th Year Interim Report
SCSU's Recent NEASC Reports
Specific university programs are also accredited by the following disciplinary accreditation bodies:
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Counseling Association's Council on the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Professionals (CAAHEP)
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Computer Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Council on Academic Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE/AAMFT)
- Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- National Association of School Psychology (NASP)