Tips From Commuters
To make the best of your college experience as a commuter, here are a few helpful suggestions:
- Leave home with plenty of time to get to class!
- Get involved on campus! Join a club, student organization, or intramural team.
- Join the gym and participate in fitness classes on campus!
- Take advantage of the FREE resources on campus such as the library, computer labs, Academic Success Center, Counseling Services, and more!
- Read the Southern News newspaper to hear about issues pertaining to students and special upcoming events!
- Check out the Game Room on the Plaza Level of the Adanti Student Center!
- Relax between classes in the Commuter Lounge (ASC room 215) or the Fireplace Lounge on the 3rd floor!
- Check out fliers, bulletin boards, or the SCSU website for upcoming events. Events are open to all students!
- Feel free to dine on campus in Conn Hall, the Student Center Food Court, the Bagel Wagon or any other food station. Meal plans can be found here.
- Don’t forget to pick up some SCSU swag at the Campus Bookstore!