New Student School Supply Drive
Be a Part of a Southern Tradition!
You can help local children in need by bringing in NEW school supplies during orientation and throughout the summer. Download the list here!
Suggested donations include:
• Book covers
• Glue sticks
• Scissors (both blunt ended for younger children and pointed for higher grade levels)
• Ballpoint pens (blue, black or red)
• No. 2 pencils (Classic pencils are preferred to avoid classroom competition over who has the "coolest" writing utensil- or most impractical.)
• Colored pencils (minimum 12 count)
• Pencil sharpeners (hand-held with a top to collect shavings)
• Large pink erasers (the old-fashioned ones do the best erasing.)
• Water-based markers
• White glue (four-ounce bottle)
• Spiral-bound or composition notebooks
• Three-ring binders
• Loose-leaf notebook paper (wide-ruled paper)
• Pocket folders
• Rulers with English and metric measurements
• Scotch tape
• Small staplers
• Crayons (24-pack)
• Drawing paper
• Construction paper
• Pencil box for storing items
• Calendars for scheduling assignments
• Small notebooks to record assignments
• Index cards, ruled and un-ruled
After you check-in for orientation, drop off your school supply donation at the Adanti Student Center Registration Area located in the Adanti Student Center Main Dining Area or on the second floor in the Office of Student Life, ASC 213. You can also make financial donations through the Office of Student Life to purchase more school supplies!
The Office of Student Life staff will then work with local agencies to distribute the supplies to needy children in the local community. One of the specific agencies we will be working with will be the Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services which resettles approximately 100 refugees each year. Currently, over half of IRIS's refugee clients come from Iraq. Others come from Afghanistan, Congo, Cuba, Ethiopia, Iran, Somalia, Sudan, and other countries.