new faculty mentoring at southern
Southern is committed to innovative teaching strategies and to scholarship and creative activity that produces knowledge, refreshes faculty expertise, and amplifies teaching effectiveness. In keeping with that mission, the Mentoring Program aims to foster the professional development of new and junior faculty through the guidance, encouragement and support of seasoned faculty so they may be successful and productive members of the university community.
- Annual kick-off gathering where mentors and mentees first meet and greet each other
- End-of-the-semester luncheon
- Mentoring-related workshops
- Recognition of mentors and mentees
New Faculty Mentoring Program Goals
- To help new faculty adjust to the new environment
- Foster best practice in teaching and enhance productivity
- To help new faculty feel welcomed and part of the university community
- Create a support system for new faculty through networking
- Encourage collegiality by sharing knowledge and expertise
- Make new faculty aware of professional and personal opportunities available to them at Southern
Please check the sidebar menu on the left to learn more details about the program.
If you would like more information or would like to participate in the New Faculty Mentoring Program, please contact Winnie Shyam, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.