The Importance of Achieving Work-Life Balance in Academia
Send us short reports between 500-1000 words or send us longer articles with practical ideas on how faculty and staff members in academia can work toward achieving a healthy balance.
We're also open to book and website reviews (500-1000 words) with a focus on the next issue's theme.
NOTE: Please do not send us long and/or research-based scholarly articles. We do not publish these.
Electronic submissions are preferred as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southern Dialogue is the official newsletter of Faculty Development at Southern. The publication aims to energize faculty and inspire dialogue about issues in teaching and learning. We hope to cultivate and maintain a stronger sense of community among colleagues.
To that end, we solicit:
- Short reports from different disciplines on college classroom practices (500-1000 words).
- Articles that focus on practical ideas related to teaching and learning in higher education and explorations of issues and challenges facing university faculty today (1500-2000 words).
- Announcements of work-in-progress and requests for collaborators (150-200 words).
- Announcements of conference presentations, publications, community outreach and creative projects (50-100 words).
- Book and website reviews (500-1000 words).
- Photo essays—e.g., highlights from study abroad programs, artwork, research abroad, etc. (Be creative!) All photos should be in JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
Electronic submissions are preferred as a Word document attachment. If you are interested in writing for Southern Dialogue, please contact the Editor at email@example.com.