Faculty Creative Activity Research Grants
September 1, 2014
To: All Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty
From: William G. Faraclas, DrPH, President, SCSU Faculty Senate
Subj: Invitation to Apply Now for Faculty Creative Activity Research Grants for FY 2015-16
On behalf of the Faculty Senate, I am very pleased to announce the continuation of a funding resource that supports Faculty creative activity: the Faculty Creative Activity Research Grant program, and to invite you to submit an application for funding for Fiscal Year 2015-2016. This important research grant program was created as a result of Faculty Senate Resolution S.10.3.
The Faculty Creative Activity Research Grant application process is modeled largely on the CSU-AAUP grant application process. Applications are reviewed separately and judged on their own merit. All tenure-track and tenured faculty are eligible to apply, and I encourage you to do so.
Here are important details about Faculty Creative Activity Research Grants:
- The grant award is standardized as a $2,500 stipend.
- Accordingly, applications are not to include a budget.
- Individual and joint applications are welcome; both are subject to the $2,500 amount.
- Applications (7 copies) must be submitted to the Office of Faculty Development (EN B106).
- The deadline for submission of an application is 4:00 PM, Monday, October 6, 2014.
- Applications will be reviewed by the University Grants Committee, whose recommendations will be sent to the Office of the Provost by 4:00 PM, Monday, November 10, 2014.
- Grant awards will be announced by the Office of the Provost by Monday, December 1, 2014.
Please keep in mind that the project performance period is the fiscal year July 1, 2015, to June 30, 2016.