University Assistant - Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
POSITION TITLE: University Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: EDL Department Chair
The University Assistant (UA) is under the supervision and assessment of the Chairperson. The chair, in consultation with the program coordinators and faculty have responsibility for the assignment of various tasks for the UA that support systematic procedures that contribute to the effective and efficient operation of the department. The UA provides support to faculty members when appropriate, with specific tasks (i.e. EDL committee chairs, minor research, etc.) in consultation with the chair to maintain prioritization and fair distribution of assignments. The UA must be able to effectively interact with faculty, prospective and current students and administration.
- Assists in maintaining the Educational Leadership website and materials that provide current and essential information on programs and services
- Assists in processing of application materials and admission process to the Graduate Office and other units
- Assists the chair and program coordinators in the performance of essential tasks
- Assists in the management of software tools, information systems, and processes as needed (i.e. Banner, etc.)
- Helps facilitates the use of technology tools and programs for office and faculty instruction
- Assists in the preparation of assembling data and reports needed for accreditation and assessment
- Assists with EDL Graduate Open Houses and Program Orientations
- Assists in general office coverage, in-person, on the phone, and electronically as determined by the chair
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those described above that do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position as determined by the chair
- Submits timesheets to chair to monitor work responsibilities & commits to a consistent weekly work schedule
- Bachelor’s degree and the knowledge of, or ability to learn, higher education technologies (i.e. Banner, etc.) Credentials and/or experience substantially comparable to the above may also be considered.
- Fluent in high level computer skills and demonstrated ability to master detailed information and apply it consistently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with students, faculty, and staff
- Strong writing skills to support reports and other communication tasks
- Ability to respect confidentiality of work dealing with students records, faculty and others.
- Independent worker, self-monitors and problem solves by following tasks to completion in an expeditious manner.
- The ability to remain focused on work procedures and operations in a diverse and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated organizational skills to support the department and specific tasks
Please submit electronically a letter of interest, resume and three letters of recommendation to: Dr. Cynthia McDaniels, Search Committee Chairperson at email@example.com. Please reference “University Assistant – EDL” in the subject line.