Support Services - Information TechnologyOffice of Information Technology
CATEGORY: Part-Time 19hrs Per Week, 1 yr
Provides support for the the installation, operation and maintenance of computer hardware, operating systems, and applications. Under general supervision, UA performs specific technical support duties of varied complexity.
• Install, maintain, relocate and upgrade desktops/laptops.
• Respond to and resolve computer hardware and software related problems.
• Update desktop software/applications.
• Maintain/troubleshoot printers.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Experience assisting end users with IT-related issues.
• Experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 7/8 and Mac OS Snow Leopard/Lion/Mtn Lion.
• Experience troubleshooting basic network, software and hardware issues.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: An associate degree in computer science or equivalent direct experience related to job duties required to provide the level of knowledge and abilities.
The candidate should possess strong oral and written communication skills, should be able to provide examples of clear written documentation, and should understand and have a familiarity with working within formal service management and project management frameworks. A successful candidate will also demonstrate the desire and ability to learn new skills quickly and a commitment to excellence in a service-oriented environment. An equivalent combination of experience and credentials may also be considered.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, current resume and the names, titles and contact information of three professional references. Please email the materials as attachments in (Word or PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "University Assistant" in the subject line. Hard copy applications will not be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.