Main Content


Matriculated students in Connecticut universities who were born after January 1, 1957 must provide proof of immunization against measles and rubella (German measles)  before they will be permitted to register. Proper measles immunization requires two(2) injections: the first  must have been given after 12 months of age and after January 1, 1969, and the second must have been given after January 1, 1980. Proper rubella immunization consists of one injection given after 12 months of age. The only exceptions are those students who provide laboratory documentation of immunity to measles and rubella, those who provide a physician's statement that immunization should not be done, or those who provide a statement from their pastor, minister, or rabbi that the immunization is against their religious beliefs. Documentation of immunization must be submitted to the Granoff Student Health Center prior to registration.

Please complete the Immunization form and return it to:
Granoff Student Health Center
Southern Connecticut State University
New Haven, Connecticut 06515

Contact Health Services for more info at:

Immunization Form  (pdf format)
(This form requires Adobe Acrobat. You may download it by clicking on the link provided.)