About SCSU Mobile for iOS
iPhone or iPod Touch with iOS7 or later.
SCSU Mobile is free.
Questions or comments?
Send your questions and comments to our Feedback form.
- First version release.
- Calendar feature added. Calendar entries pulls from calendar.SouthernCT.edu. All entries display the title, date, location, description, and contact information.
- Calendar entries can be shared via Message (text messaging), Mail, Twitter, and Facebook. URL can be copied.
- Calendar entries of current day will be displayed as "Today".
- News feature added. News entries pulls from News RSS feed.
- News can be shared via Message (text messaging), Mail, Twitter, and Facebook. URL can be copied.
- Map of campus added. Rotate to switch from portrait to landscape mode.
- Southern's official social networks added. If you have the Facebook app or Twitter apps installed on your device, the respective apps will be opened instead of Safari.
- Phone numbers for main contacts available for click-to-dial.
- Directory featured added. Directory entries pulled from main university faculty, staff, and location (departments, offices) directory.
- Directory entries for faculty/staff display: name, title, department/office, email, phone, phone 2, and office location.
- Directory can be searched by using the top search bar. Searching applies to any part of the names of department/office and faculty/staff. Click cancel to clear search and revert the directory to the original full list.
- Directory email address will open the device's Mail app.
- Directory phone numbers will allow you to click-to-dial that number.
- Directory A-Z index list added on right-side of list for quick navigation. The A-Z index list will only show letters matching the first letter displayed on the directory list. If you use the search bar, the A-Z list will adjust itself.
- Direct contact information for University Police and Counseling Services. Click to dial their main phone numbers.
- Emergency Preparedness topics added. Information is available offline in case the device has no access to the Internet.
- Silent Witness form added allowing you to report any suspicious activity. The report will be sent to the University Police.
- Shuttle Bus Tracker added. The Shuttle Bus Tracker allows you to see in real-time where the shuttle buses are located along with the route it is on. Routes are color-coded with red markers denoting stop points. Live shuttles are denoted by arrows pointing in the direction it is moving in.
- The Shuttle Bus Tracker will display your current location as a star on the map if you allow it.
- Clicking on the bottom bar of the Shuttle Bus Tracker will you to select a route you would like to look at. Any routes marked with an asterisk * show routes with buses currently running in that route.
- The Shuttle Bus Tracker's Info button will open a screen to display the bus schedule along with any special dates to note.
- Conn Hall Food Service Menu added. The view will display the food options for the current day.
- Dunkin' Donuts Webcam added. Watch a live view of Dunkin' Donuts at the Adanti Student Center. The webcam refreshes once each second.
- Link to OWLs Mail added. Opens OWLs mail (owls.SouthernCT.edu) in the external Safari browser.
- Link to Blackboard Learn added. Opens BlackBoard Mobile Learn's App Store page so you can download the app directly.
- SCSU Mobile's main screen will change backgrounds each time you start up the app. Four backgrounds have been preloaded.