President's Commission Online Forum
In an effort to initiate and foster dialogue among all members of the campus community, the President’s Commission on Campus Climate and Inclusion has created an online forum to gather information to help identify and evaluate major areas of concern. Your opinions will be shared with members of the Commission to better understand the needs of the university. Your participation will further the university’s goal to establish a safe community characterized by mutual respect.
Click on any of the discussion prompts below to access our online forum and share your opinions. Please use this forum as an opportunity for spirited debate – and remember to respect the rights of others when posting. The university reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this forum without notice that may be deemed to be spam or questionable spam; that contain profanity, language or concepts that could be deemed offensive; or comments that attack a person individually or readily identifies an individual.
- Think of a time when you felt welcome and included: what about that experience made it feel welcoming and inclusive?
- What does inclusion look, sound, and feel like to you?
- If you could change one thing at SCSU related to diversity or inclusivity, what would it be?
- If you could choose one barrier to success related to diversity at SCSU, what would it be?
- If you were designing your version of a perfect campus climate at SCSU, what would it look like? What elements would be involved?
- Who bears the responsibility of managing diversity on the campus? Administration, faculty, staff, students?