CHARGE TO THE COMMISSION
Thank you for agreeing to serve on this important Commission, which will inform and advise the President and campus leadership on issues of inclusion, diversity, equal opportunity and affirmative action. This Commission will provide a forum for important discussion and act as a catalyst in furthering the University's goal to create and maintain a community of safety and mutual engagement for all. The Commission shall:
• Initiate and foster dialogue and other methods of communication among and between all members of the campus community.
• Gather and examine information to identify, assess and evaluate major needs and areas of concern.
• Propose programs to address these needs and concerns, and to promote, maintain and publicize strategic focus on these issues.
• Recommend to the President the establishment of, or changes to, policies and procedures to assist in the development, maintenance and effective implementation of the University's equal opportunity and affirmative action programs.
• Recommend to the President other actions designed to assure that the University fulfills its legal responsibilities and its moral commitment to equal opportunity and affirmative action.
• Assist the Office of Diversity and Equity Programs in the fulfillment of its mission.
• Collaborate with campus organizations that have complementary goals and objectives.
• Monitor the effectiveness of any proposed policies and initiatives upon implementation.