Main Content


The Services and Honoraria Request Form (SHRF) form is used for the commitment of funds concerning all non-employment contracts for personal services under $3,000 that are required and are not issued on a purchase order. Services and Honoraria Request Form services include assistance and services performed by individuals, partnerships, or corporations of a professional or technical nature, professional services normally associated with academic guest lecturers or speakers for a university event. Honoraria are not to be used in place of hiring regular, full-time, part-time, or temporary employees. Honoraria will not be authorized for work that has been recognized as belonging to one of the collective bargaining units within the Connecticut State University System.

The SHRF should be processed not less than ten (10) business days prior to the engagement.  All information on the SHRF must be completed. 

Honoraria Resources

Note: Links to external sites will open in a new window.

PSA/honorarium Procedure


  • Services and Honorarium Request Form updated 11/8/11 Due to concerns regarding the dissemination of personal information, please do not include individual contractor social security numbers on the Services and Honorarium Request Form.  Federal Employer Identification Numbers for companies may still be included.


**W-9 Tax Identification form required for all honoraria**

Effective immediately, *all* Service and Honoraria Requests (SHRF) must include a completed W-9 - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification.  IRS guidelines require certification of every contracted service vendor for tax reporting purposes.  It is the Project Director's responsibility to obtain the W-9 from the contractor and forward along with the SHRF to Administrative Support Services, Wintergreen Building .  The W-9 is required only once unless the contractor's taxpayer information changes (i.e. name change, vendor status, etc.  The W-9 shall be maintained on file in the Accounts Payable Department.  Please note that payment to the contractor for services provided shall not occur unless a W-9 is on file.  To inquire whether the University already has a W-9 on file, please contact the Accounts Payable Department at X 26844.

Please see below for W-9 Tax form.




For questions regarding Honoraria please contact Cynthia Shea-Luzik at (203) 392-5490 or Carol Wallace at (203) 392-5453.