Personal Service Agreements (PSA)
The Personal Service Agreement (PSA) is used for the commitment of funds concerning all non-employment contracts for personal services that are required and are not issued on a Purchase Order. Personal services include assistance and services performed by individuals, partnerships or corporations of a professional or technical nature. PSAs are not to be used in place of hiring regular, full-time, part-time, or temporary employees. PSAs will not be authorized for work that has been recognized as belonging to one of the collective bargaining units within the Board of Regents ConnSCU system.
The Attorney General's Office reviews and approves all PSAs in excess of $3,000 cumulative over any rolling 12-month period. The 12-month period is not restricted to fiscal year; the 12-month period begins at the initiation of service and ends 12 months from that date. The Attorney General's Office has stated that Personal Service Agreements must be approved before any services are performed. It is extremely important for the requesting department to plan ahead and allow adequate time for the PSA approval process.
Personal Service Agreement Resources
Note: Links to external sites will open in a new window.
PSA Checklist - This checklist provides all the required paperwork, forms & signatures required before you submit the PSA to Procurement services. Effective immediately, all PSAs must be submitted with a W9 attached. See link to a blank W9
- PSA Procedure
- Connecticut State University System Procurement Manual
(includes Personal Service Agreement policies and procedures)
- PSA Flowchart of Processes
PSA Late Justification Policy & Requirements:
- PSA Late Justification form (updated 1/2/15)
- Policy Memo regarding required Late Justification. (updated 1/2/15)
PERSONAL SERVICE AGREEMENT TEMPLATES
Due to concerns regarding the dissemination of personal information, please
do not include individual contractor social security numbers on the PSA Form.
Federal Employer Identification Numbers for companies may still be included.
NONDISCRIMINATION CERTIFICATION FOR STATE CONTRACTS
- Nondiscrimination Certification (external link)
EMPLOYEE OR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR FORMS
- W9 - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (external link)
- Income Tax Withholding for Athlete or Entertainer (external link)
- Gift Affidavit Forms (external link)
- State Elections Campaign Contribution Restriction Affidavit (external Link)