Personal Service Agreements (PSA)
The Personal Service Agreement (PSA) is used for the commitment of funds concerning all non-employment contracts for personal services that are required and are not issued on a Purchase Order. Personal services include assistance and services performed by individuals, partnerships or corporations of a professional or technical nature. PSAs are not to be used in place of hiring regular, full-time, part-time, or temporary employees. PSAs will not be authorized for work that has been recognized as belonging to one of the collective bargaining units within the Board of Regents ConnSCU system.
The Attorney General's Office reviews and approves all PSAs in excess of $3,000 cumulative over any rolling 12-month period. The 12-month period is not restricted to fiscal year; the 12-month period begins at the initiation of service and ends 12 months from that date. The Attorney General's Office has stated that Personal Service Agreements must be approved before any services are performed. It is extremely important for the requesting department to plan ahead and allow adequate time for the PSA approval process.
Personal Service Agreement Resources
Note: Links to external sites will open in a new window.
• Connecticut State University System Procurement Manual
(includes Personal Service Agreement policies and procedures)
• PSA Flowchart of Processes
PERSONAL SERVICE AGREEMENT
• Personal Service Agreement Form - (updated 11/29/11)
Due to concerns regarding the dissemination of personal information, please
do not include individual contractor social security numbers on the PSA Form.
Federal Employer Identification Numbers for companies may still be included.
• Template - Lecturer updated 11/7/11
→ Sample Template for Lecturer
• Template - Entertainer updated 11/7/11
→ Sample Template for Entertainer
• PSA Checklist
• PSA and Honorarium Additional Tips
SAMPLE CERTIFICATE OF RESOLUTION
• For a corporation
• For a corporation with a sole officer
• For a general partnership
• For an LLC - sole member
• For an LLC
• Attorney for the Institution
• Sole Proprietorship
• Authority to Sign on Behalf of the Firm
NONDISCRIMINATION CERTIFICATION FOR STATE CONTRACTS
• Nondiscrimination Certification (external link)
EMPLOYEE OR INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR FORMS
• Independent Contractor or Employee Determination Questionnaire
• Dual Employment Form (external link)
• W9 - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification (external link)
• Income Tax Withholding for Athlete or Entertainer (external link)
• Gift Affidavit Forms (external link)
• State Elections Campaign Contribution Restriction Affidavit (external Link)
CSU RESOLUTION AUTHORIZATION TO SIGN DOCUMENTS
• Resolution concerning Authorization to Sign Documents for the Connecticut State University System
For questions regarding Student Affiliation Agreements, please contact
Cynthia Shea-Luzik at (203) 392-5490
Shawna Cleary at (203)392-6703, or
Carol Wallace at (203) 392-5453.