Transfer Student Housing
New to SCSU But Not College Life? Why Should You Live On Campus?
As a transfer student, we recognize you may already be familiar with college life; your transition to Southern Connecticut State University presents a vital opportunity to make a fresh start, create new friendships, and reach your academic and career goals. Living on campus presents the best opportunity to make connections, live among new friends, and enjoy all of the conveniences and resources of campus life.
Residence Life staff members are committed to helping transfer students find their place and adjust to life at SCSU.
Housing Options for Transfer Students
Depending on the number of transfer credits you bring to Southern, you have a variety of housing options:
- Farnham Hall: for transfer students with less than 60 credits, Farnham Hall offers a more traditional underclassmen experience for freshmen and sophomore students. Double and triple rooms are available and students on each floor share a community bathroom and utility room.
- West Campus: individual suites are available for transfer students in West Campus, and there is no credit requirement or limit. These suites offer individual bedroom space with shared bathroom and living spaces. Residents of West Campus still enjoy access to the full meal plan, community lounges, recreation equipment, and more.
- Brownell Hall: apartments in Brownell Hall accommodate 4-6 students with a shared bathroom and living room. A select number of apartments feature kitchens in this building. Transfer students with 30+ credits are eligible to live in Brownell.
- North Campus Midrise: four-person apartments with kitchens are available in North Campus Midrise for students with 48+ credits. A Market is located on the first floor of the building for groceries and other incidental necessities.
- Schwartz Hall: Schwartz Hall offers the most options for transfer students with 36+ credits in terms of living arrangements. Studio-style, three-, four- and five-person apartments allow residents flexible and affordable choices while still providing living space, ample storage, and full kitchens.
- North Campus Townhouses: quad-occupancy townhouses with full kitchens, located immediately behind the North Campus Midrise, are available by request for transfer students with 90+ credits. These buildings feature the most privacy for residents while still providing on-site laundry (located in the Midrise) and access to all other campus resources.