Main Content

Maintenance requests

The Office of Residence Life and the Facilities Operations and Planning Department coordinate the general building repairs in all residence hall facilities. Currently, students in the residence halls may request a general maintenance repair using the online Housing Work Order Request form. By submitting a request, you give university staff permission to enter your room to complete the job whether or not you are present.

Emergency Service: 

Emergency maintenance is available in the residence halls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All maintenance emergencies should be reported to the Desk Attendant at the Welcome Desk or the Resident Advisor on duty; the online work order request form SHOULD NOT be used to report maintenance emergencies. Examples of maintenance emergencies are:

  • Doors that do not close or lock properly
  • Loose door knobs or knobs that fall off
  • Lock and key problems
  • Heat, power, or water loss
  • Flooding
  • Continuously running water (sinks, toilets, showers)
  • Clogged floor drains, sinks & toilets (if there is only one toilet in the room)
  • Broken glass
  • Damage to fire alarm or security equipment
  • Any other item which may represent a health or safety concern.