The Office of Residence Life and the Facilities Operations and Planning Department coordinate the general building repairs in all residence hall facilities. Currently, students in the residence halls may request a general maintenance repair using the online Housing Work Order Request form. By submitting a request, you give university staff permission to enter your room to complete the job whether or not you are present.
Emergency maintenance is available in the residence halls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All maintenance emergencies should be reported to the Desk Attendant at the Welcome Desk or the Resident Advisor on duty; the online work order request form SHOULD NOT be used to report maintenance emergencies. Examples of maintenance emergencies are:
- Doors that do not close or lock properly
- Loose door knobs or knobs that fall off
- Lock and key problems
- Heat, power, or water loss
- Continuously running water (sinks, toilets, showers)
- Clogged floor drains, sinks & toilets (if there is only one toilet in the room)
- Broken glass
- Damage to fire alarm or security equipment
- Any other item which may represent a health or safety concern.