Specialized Housing Options offer a unique opportunity to reside with students who share similar interests within a community specifically tailored to your interests. You will have the opportunity to provide direct feedback about programs, share leadership for the development of activities, and live with other like-minded students. Our specialized housing programs provide students with increased access and interaction with campus resources to enhance student success.
We currently offer two Themed Community options: Transfer Connections and Living Green Sustainability are building-wide communities offered for students with an interest in their respective areas. Residence Hall Directors and Resident Advisors program and provide social opportunities for residential students to learn and grow skills relating to the theme.
We currently offer five Living-Learning Community (LLC) options. Accepted Honors College students are eligible for the Honors College community. The First Generation LLC is a community designed to support First Generation College students. Still Exploring Majors is a community for undecided students (students that have not yet selected a program of study). The Future Health Professions LLC is designed to provide support to students who are interested in health-related fields. The Global Living LLC is designed for junior and senior residents who wish to explore cultures of the world and global citizenship. LLCs are connected to an academic course and are specific to a few floors in the residence halls.
Students who choose to live in specialized housing at SCSU will be able to:
- Articulate the value of the SCSU Experience
- Analyze the need for service in their community
- Utilize their specialized housing involvement to positively impact their classroom experience
Living-Learning Communities (LLCs) and Themed Communities are available to new and returning students. To be eligible for a LLC, you must:
- Meet the eligibility requirements for the Residence Hall in which the LLC is located
- Have an interest in the topic/focus area for the LLC
- Honors College students must be accepted into the SCSU Honors College
How do i request a living-learning or themed community?
You may select a Living-Learning Community or Themed Community through your housing application on the MyHousing Portal. If you have already applied for housing, you can revisit your application to select your desired Living-Learning or Themed Community. Please be aware of the following deadlines for application to a community:
- The First Generation, Still Exploring Majors, Health Professions and Living Green communities have a deadline of May 15th.
- Space is limited and first come, first served.