Goal Four - Objective D - Action Steps
Advance university-wide processes to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
1. Conduct an inventory or needs assessment to identify key processes, components,
resource impacts, and personnel and stakeholders involved.
2. Institute a system to crowdsource ideas for improving processes and reporting inefficiencies.
3. Consider how to address human capital issues related to efficiency: faculty and staff professional development to increase knowledge of effective systems and practice; increases in technology use; models for best practice; training for job shadowing or sharing; and other professional development activities.
4. Define and implement ways to employ technology for administrative processes as well as interpersonal interactions when appropriate and desirable.
5. Develop systems for tracking progress.
6. Develop and utilize a single university calendar.