Goal Three - Objective A - Action Steps
Engage with local and global communities through exemplary leadership and service to promote community well-being, economic growth, and social justice.
1. Establish a Center for Community Engagement that serves as the hub for advancing
relationships between students, faculty, and staff and the external community to foster
student learning, with an emphasis on service learning; advance community-engaged
scholarship; and benefit community partners.
2. Develop courses university-wide and at all levels with curricular service-learning opportunities.
3. Recognize curricular experiences that include community engagement as valued in the work of faculty and students.
4. Implement a systematic process in order to foster existing and future opportunities for global community engagement.
5. Embrace multiple avenues for developing new community service and service learning experiences for students.
6. Demonstrate priority for community engagement through funding commitments.