The Student Health and Wellness Center plays an essential role in the health and well-being of students by providing cost-effective quality health care, health teaching and encouraging and promoting responsible health habits. The health care professionals assist other departments and support university programs in creating a well environment for living, learning and working.
- To foster the university's main objective of educating the student towards independence, growth, and increased responsibility.
- To develop student trust in an atmosphere of positive mutual regard and respect.
- To provide health care in a manner that is acceptable and accessible to students.
- To minimize the likelihood of health problems interfering with the learning potential of the student
- To emphasize the value of prevention of disease and the promotion of health.
Rights and Responsibilities
You have the right to: respect,consideration, dignity, privacy,confidentiality, an explanation of your care, to now availability of services, to know fees for services, to know the names and positions of people working with you, review your medical records, to request to change health care providers, and to accept or decline care or treatment.
You have the responsibility to the following: be honest about your medical history, report any changes in your health, understand the health care and services offered, follow agreed on health care and medical instructions, respect other students and health services staff, make, keep and/or cancel your appointment, and provide us with feedback for improving services.