mission and goals
The Student Health Center plays an essential role in the health and well-being of students by providing cost-effective quality health care, health teaching and encouraging and promoting responsible health habits.
- Foster the university's main objective of educating the student toward independence, growth, and increased responsibility.
- Engender student trust in an atmosphere of positive mutual regard and respect.
- Provide health care in a manner that is acceptable and available to students.
- Minimize the possibility of health problems interfering with the learning potential of the student.
- Emphasize the value of prevention of disease and the promotion of health.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
As a student/patient, you have choices, rights, and responsibilities. We are concerned with providing you the highest quality health care and ask that you participate in your own health care by being an active and informed consumer.
You have the right to:
- An explanation of your care
- Know availability of services
- Know fees for services
- Know the names and positions of people working with you
- Review your medical records
- Request to change health care providers
- Accept or decline care or treatment
You have the responsibility to:
- Be honest about your medical history
- Report any changes in your health
- Understand the health care and services offered
- Follow agreed on health care and medical instructions
- Respect other students and health services staff
- Make, keep and/or cancel your appointment
- Provide us with feedback for improving services