International Transfer Students
Transfer Student Guidelines (Pre-Acceptance)
The process for transferring from one institution in the United States to to Southern Connecticut State University (for the purpose of completing a degree or certificate program) is simple if you follow the steps outlined below:
1. Submit your SCSU online application, which requires a $50.00 application fee
2. In addition to submitting the online application, you will be required to submit the following three (3) items to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed International Student Profile Form (Graduate or Undergraduate)
- Original and current financial support documentation
- An International Student Transfer-In Form*
*Please note that the first half of the Transfer-In Form must be filled out by the applicant, and the second half of the form must be filled out by the applicant's current F-1 student advisor.
We welcome you to visit Admissions for additional information on applying to Southern Connecticut State University as a transfer student.
Transfer Student Guidelines (Post-Acceptance)
Transfer-in F-1 students MUST:
1. Contact the OIE's Assistant Director and F-1 Specialist, Michael Schindel, within 15 days of the program date on the I-20.
2. Attend Southern's mandatory international student orientation. Information regarding the orientation date and location will be sent via email after acceptance to the university.
Any additional questions regarding this process may be directed to Assistant Director,
Michael Schindel (immigration and visa-specific questions), the Office of Undergraduate or Graduate
Admissions, or Dr. Erin Heidkamp, Director, OIE.