B.S. in History
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MAJOR (B.S. PROGRAM WITH TEACHER CERTIFICATION):
- HIS 100 - Western Civilization I
- HIS 101 - Western Civilization II
- HIS 110, 111, or 112 - U.S. History
- HIS 200 - Historical Methods and Materials
- At least three credits at or above the 300-level in each of: European, U.S., and non-western history
- HIS 485 - Seminar in History
- 15 additional credits of History
- Specific professional requirements for Initial Teacher Certification in Connecticut (see Major Programs in Secondary Education in the School of Education)
Please see your advisor for the student handbook for students working on the B.S. in history with teacher certification.
Download the Curriculum Map for a B.S. in History Certification
Download the Application to the School of Education for B.S. in history students
Download the Recommendation Forms for the application to the School of Education for B.S. in history students.