Admissions & ApplicationADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants MUST meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission:
- 18 hours of psychology (graduate or undergraduate), including at least one course in statistics and at least one course in experimental psychology;
- an undergraduate cumulative QPR of 3.0;
- an undergraduate QPR in psychology of 3.0.
To apply to the program, students must submit the materials below to the School of
Graduate Studies at https://www.southernct.edu/gradadmissions/graduate-application.html:
- the Graduate School Application
- all college transcripts
- **NOTE: This form is only for the MA in General Psychology. If you are applying to School Psychology, School Counseling, or Counseling Psychology, do NOT use this form. See the Counseling & School Psychology website for their recommendation form.
- a 300-500 word statement explaining why the applicant is interested in obtaining a master's degree in psychology, and what type of career the applicant is seeking.
The Psychology program has rolling admissions, but students should have their application files complete by mid-August for the fall semester and the beginning of January for the spring semester.