School Health Education students will be able to:
- implement the knowledge and skills needed to teach health education content and skills aligned with the National Health Education Standards.
- address health needs, practices, interests, and strengths of culturally diverse populations in school health curricula.
- assess, implement, and evaluate school health curricula and other health education programs.
- facilitate effective pedagogical methods and strategies in the P12 classroom setting.
- locate and implement developmentally appropriate materials, methods, and resources for teaching health.
- engage in advanced study, and/or personal growth related to school health educators.
- develop the skills and strategies for helping to promote change within school health education.