BSW Admission Standards and Procedures
Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Note that the on-line application requires a brief essay.
- We suggest that you review the essay prompt and write your essay before beginning your on-line application. Click on this link to read the essay prompt.
- The essay prompt and instructions about how to upload the essay are also included in the on-line application.
- Completion of 57 credits of university requirements and cognate courses.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.5 and good standing with the University.
- Successful completion of SWK 200 or its equivalent, with a minimum grade of “B”.
- Successful completion of ENG 112 and MAT 107, or course equivalents.
Consistent with SCSU admission requirements, candidates who, in the judgment of Social Work Department faculty, present strong academic and personal qualifications, as well as the greatest potential for program success, gain preference.
Admissions decisions are made by April. All applicants are informed of admissions decisions via email. Accepted students are assigned to a faculty advisor and a planned program for the fall semester is established. Note that students are accepted provisionally in April and are officially accepted at the end of the spring semester provided that those criteria continue to be met.