Professional Education Series - Fall 2013
Treating Eating Disorders and Distorted Body Image
With special guest Virginia Macdonald MA, LPC
Professional Counselor Virginia Macdonald treats adolescents and adults who struggle with eating disorders. She specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy, body-image therapy, expressive therapy (art, movement and role-play), yoga and meditation. 4 CECs.
Friday, September 27, 9 AM. – 1 PM • Engleman Hall A 120
$50 and an extra $10 for those requesting CECs.
Ten Session Preparation for LCSW Exam
An intensive year-long program preparing recent MSW graduates for the LCSW exam, offered
by Valerie Dripchak PhD, LCSW. Professor of social work at SCSU,
Dr. Dripchak has significant experience in providing these trainings. Former participants have had a high success pass rate.The topics covered represent the standardized areas of focus of the exam:
- Ethical and Legal Issues
- Culturally Competent Practice
- Clinical Practice—assessment, diagnosis and treatment. Includes substance abuse and psychopharmacology
- Theories and Practice Approaches across the Life Span—crisis intervention and trauma treatment, family systems
- Group Theory and Practice
- Social Policy and Research
- Administration and Community Practice.
Saturdays, 11 am to 1 pm: September 21, October 26, November 16, December 14, January 18, February 22, March 15, April 12, May 3 (rain date), May 10, and June 14. Engleman A 115.
$500. May be paid in two installments.
- Checks made out to SCSU should be mailed to:
Dr. Esther Howe, School of Health and Human Services, Southern Connecticut State University
101 Farnham Avenue, New Haven, CT 06515
- Registration confirmation and parking information will be sent via email.
- Email Dr. Esther Howe with any questions: HoweE1@SouthernCT.edu, or call her at (203) 392-6562.