Home Schooling Admission Policy
Southern welcomes undergraduate applications for admission from homeschooled students.
Below are some suggestions for homeschoolers wishing to apply to Southern's undergraduate
- Students should complete an Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Students should complete the Application Biographical Statement (Essay portion of the application)
- Students should submit SAT I or ACT Scores
- Students should submit a transcript of all of their secondary school level work. (This transcript should include all courses taken, how the student was evaluated and who completed the evaluation of the student)
- An official copy of any college transcripts or Advanced Placement score reports.
- Students should also submit a resume of activities and community involvement.
Letters of recommendation are particularly important for homeschooled applicants and we encourage you to select recommenders carefully. They should be qualified to evaluate you not only as a student, but as an individual and member of the community.
If you have any questions regarding your admission application or status, please do not hesitate to contact the Admission Office directly at (203) 392-5644.
Thank you for your interest in Southern Connecticut State University.