First-Year Student Spring Orientation
Spring 2018 First-Year Students
Congratulations to all new incoming students who have received their acceptance letters for the Spring 2018 semester. We are excited and are eagerly awaiting your arrival. As this is an exciting time, be sure to review the New Student Checklist for information and resources that will assist you as you continue your collegiate journey to Southern.
New Student Orientation for Spring 2018 students will be on January 10, 2018 from 11am to 4pm in the Adanti Student Center Ballroom. The New Student and Sophomore Programs Office will be calling students who have made their advisement appointments and registered for classes with more information.
Fall 2018 First-Year Students
Orientation for First-Year Students (Freshmen) is designed to assist incoming students as they acclimate to college life at Southern, learn about the number of resources that support student success and receive academic advisement and register for their courses. Students and family members will have an opportunity to meet and interact with faculty, staff and most importantly, current Southern students, as well as other new students and parents. Each fun-filled session is informative, helpful and full of Southern spirit!
Registration for Fall 2o18 New Student Orientation will be through Next Steps located in the Southern Admissions Portal. New students will be able to register for a summer session beginning in late January.
Orientation for First-Year Students
Session I Tuesday, June 12th- Wednesday, June 13th
Session II Monday, June 18th- Tuesday, June 19th
Session III Thursday, June 21st - Friday, June 22nd
Session IV Monday, June 25th- Tuesday, June 26th
Session V Thursday, June 28th- Friday, June 29th
As you prepare to select a session, please note the following:
- Orientation is mandatory for all first-year students and students. The program begins at 8am on the first day and concludes at 3pm on the 2nd day. All programs are required with the exception of some social activities.
- Students are expected to stay overnight in our newest Residence Hall.
- There is not an additional cost for student or parent/family orientation.
- Parent/Family Orientation is on the first day of each session from 8am until approximately 4pm.
- Students are pre-registered for their Fall 2018 courses and will receive their schedule on the second day of their orientaiton session.
- Click here for some of the most frequently asked questions.