Curriculum & Learning (Educational Psychology/Child Development) – Assistant Professor
Department: Curriculum & Learning
Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialization: Educational Psychology/Child Development
Search # 18-026
Southern Connecticut State University is a comprehensive university located in New Haven, a culturally vibrant environment surrounded by many fine universities with easy access to New York and Boston. SCSU is a flourishing community of approximately 10,000 students, located less than three miles from downtown New Haven near the Westville Village section of the city. SCSU is a student-centered and intentionally diverse institution, and we regard student success as our highest priority. We seek to instill in all of our students the value of the liberal arts and sciences as a foundation for professional development and life-long learning.
Brief Description of Duties/Responsibilities:
The Department of Curriculum and Learning seeks applicants for a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in educational psychology and child development. Additional responsibilities include student advisement, student teaching supervision, department and university service and scholarship.
- An earned doctorate or ABD in educational psychology or child development. If ABD, candidate must have earned doctorate by the end of the first year of appointment.
- A minimum of three years of full-time relevant teaching in public schools, or related experience.
- Evidence of ability to teach university level courses related to educational psychology and/or child development.
- A strong potential for scholarly activity leading to presentations at professional meetings and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in urban school districts.
- Evidence of infusion of technology in pedagogy.
- Evidence of work in teacher evaluation and professional development.
- A strong potential for gaining external support through competitive grants to enhance scholarship.
Please submit letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, official graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation electronically to:
Curriculum & Learning Search Committee
Attention: Search # 18-026
In order for your application to be given full consideration, all materials must be received by October 16, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.