Assistant Director of Admissions
RANK: Administrator III
SUPERVISOR: Director of Admissions
JOB POSTED: January 7th, 2014
SEARCH NUMBERS: S13-030A and S13-030B (2 openings)
Recruits, advises, and counsels incoming students regarding University programs, admission requirements, procedures and related matters with special emphasis on high school and transfer students. Makes decisions on applications for admission to the University.
- As a member of the Admissions team, works toward the development and implementation of a comprehensive recruitment plan to achieve the University's enrollment goals.
- Attends and represents the University at college fair programs, conducts high school visits and other outreach activities to support the University's mission.
- Represents Admissions Office at high schools and community colleges in seeking qualified applicants for admission to the University.
- Assists the Director in developing and implementing on and off-campus recruitment activities.
- Counsels incoming students and their families regarding processes and procedure for admission to the University.
- Reviews application files and makes admission decisions on first-time and transfer applications.
- Participates in various admission activities on and off campus requiring evening and occasional weekend work.
- Assists the Director with various assignments related to enrollment services.
- Assists in office administration including the training and supervision of student workers.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those enumerated above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
Bachelor's degree and at least three years of experience in higher education environment required. Master's degree preferred. Demonstrated high quality interpersonal communication skills and ability to master administrative functions. Demonstrated ability to grasp knowledge of and communicate information about all academic programs offered to the University. These qualifications may be waived for individuals with appropriate alternate experience.
For full consideration, please submit a letter of application, resume and contact information for three professional references to Mr. Frank LaDore, Search Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin after January 27, 2014. The positions will remain open until filled.