How to Request a Tax Transcript
Instructions on requesting a 2015 tax return transcript.
- Go to www.irs.gov
- Click on Get Transcript of Your Tax Records under the Tools section
- Choose Get Transcript by Mail (It takes 5 to 10 calendar days for transcripts to arrive by mail.)
- You need to sign in with your User ID. If you do not have a User ID, you must create an account.
- Complete the requested information: Social Security number, date of birth, street address, etc.
- Get Transcript: Select Higher Education/Student Aid
- Click on 2015 Return Transcript
- When you receive the 2015 Tax Return Transcript by mail, please keep a copy for your records and submit a copy to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships with your student ID number written at the top of the document.
- If you did not file a 2015 federal tax return, you will be able to print an IRS letter that indicates you did not file. Submit it to the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships with your student ID number written at the top of the document.